Universe Sandbox ²
Create and destroy on a scale that has never been seen before in Universe Sandbox, a simulator of space based on real-life physics. The game hands you the control over gravity, climate, and collision of matter in real-time, allowing you to grow a universe from a big bang in visually stunning VR.
Of space and physics
Universe Sandbox is a real-time space sim based on actual physics and astrophysics. Mechanically, you can create and destroy planets, stars, solar systems, and galaxies while the game’s engine supports these unorthodox interactions on a completely new scale.
Some of the games core mechanics include, but are not limited to:
- Control over gravity: Simulate the interaction of varying mass objects in space.
- The collision of the matter: Feel like playing out the apocalypse and sending a massive meteor at a distant planet? Be the game’ guest!
- Deus Ex Machina: You get the chance to model and create entire solar systems as well as separate planets and observe how the ices in the poles melt simply because you changed the angle of the rotation or move the planet away from the sun to see the beginning of an eternal ice age.
The Universe Sandbox boasts excellent, photo-realistic graphics. It is especially thrilling to observe the explosion of a star, or a planet being moved from the sun and covering with ice in real-time.
More on the matter, the game supports VR, which is a blast for all Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, or Windows Mixed Reality owners. If I was a developer, I’d call this mode the eye of God. Check the game out for yourself in order to see why.
The eternal question
Not only is Universe Sandbox a captivating and visually stunning experience, but it is a game where the players learn more about themselves and the world around them. The game also brings up a series of eternal questions with my personal being - are we a more advanced simulation in someone’s forgotten save?
- Graphics 5
- Gameplay 5
- Controls 5
- Replay Value 5
Engaging, educational gameplay;
- One of the most trending games right now!
- You just can't miss this game!